Port Adelaide Renewal
Construction and urban renewal
- Create 518 new jobs
- Create local construction jobs through the State and Local Government Capital Expenditure and Procurement project
- Provide private sector investment opportunities.
The Port Adelaide Renewal project will redevelop 40 hectares of waterfront land in the inner Port.
Delivered through a partnership between Renewal SA, the City of Port Adelaide Enfield and private enterprise, the renewal of Port Adelaide will drive creation of sustainable employment opportunities through construction of commercial, retail, residential and light industrial development. It will also generate ongoing jobs through investment opportunities for the private sector in new commercial, retail, and tourism facilities.
Key developments of the project include:
- The three hectares of vacant land at Dock 1, zoned primarily for residential, will become a residential precinct of up to five storeys
- Cruickshank’s Corner will become a 2.7 hectare destination precinct for hospitality and commercial development of up to three storeys. New buildings will front the beach to offer views of the water and public park. The southern portion of the precinct will be used for a range of commercial harbour, marine and tourism purposes
- 19 hectares of new light industrial business will be developed on the northern side of the Port River Expressway with office, commercial and mixed-use development up to five storeys providing a buffer from industry and potentially transitioning to residential buildings along the waterfront on the southern side
- 8.3 hectares in the north west will become a lively and diverse waterfront residential quarter and provide a gateway to the Port River waterfront from the west
- 7.7 hectares at Fletcher’s Slip will become a unique waterfront mixed-use precinct with marina berths alongside attractive wharf-side apartments and terraces offering the opportunity to live right on the water’s edge with access to the Port River. Commercial facilities will front the Port River with opportunities for residential development
- Two development sites of 7700sqm in total (6000 and 1700) at Hart’s Mill South will offer opportunities for tourism, accommodation, education and commercial development. High-quality built form elements at both sites will complement the adjoining heritage listed places.
These projects will be delivered to create energetic and inspiring urban neighbourhoods with high-quality public spaces that capitalise on waterfront settings and improve walking and cycling connections. From a residential perspective, the project will provide a range of high-quality, innovative options including affordable housing that respects and compliments Port Adelaide’s unique heritage and character.
Estimated project value
Mr Vince Rigter
Phone 8207 1348