Northern CBD – Playford Central
Construction and urban renewal
- Create 138 new jobs
- Create local construction jobs through the State and Local Government Capital Expenditure and Procurement project
- Provide private sector investment opportunities.
Surplus council land adjacent to the Elizabeth Regional Centre will be developed by the private sector to create Playford Central.
The new development will comprise commercial, retail, office, hotel and residential spaces off Main North Road.
Initial site infrastructure works by council are underway.
The project will be developed in three stages:
- During stage 1, Prince George Plaza will be constructed and will include the creation of 12 development-ready commercial allotments and the redevelopment of the city plaza and Playford Boulevard access road. This stage will cost $5.5 million and is jointly funded with the Commonwealth’s National Stronger Regions Fund
- Stage 2 includes construction of a 6-storey building which is expected to cost $46 million and comprise a new community centre to be accommodated on the ground and first floors, approximately 1150sqm of commercial space co-located on the ground floor, approximately 60 residential apartments on the top four floors and a 261 space multi-deck car park that will service community, commercial and residential uses within the building and wider civic precinct
- Stage 3 will look at potential commercial development opportunities.
Estimated project value
March 2016 (Stage 1)
City of Playford
Mr Greg Salmon
Project Manager Northern CBD
Phone 8256 0166
Web City of Playford