Northern Adelaide Education Facility Upgrades
Construction and urban renewal
- Create 130 jobs over three years
- Create local construction jobs through the State and Local Government Capital Expenditure and Procurement project
- Improve educational outcomes for students in northern Adelaide.
State Government funded essential upgrades to education facilities in northern Adelaide will provide contemporary teaching and learning spaces to improve learning outcomes for local students.
The South Australian Government has contributed $25.2 million towards new and redeveloped infrastructure across four northern Adelaide schools:
- The facilities at Swallowcliffe Primary School will be upgraded to better support the school’s curriculum, including the upgrade of specialist learning areas and improved ICT connectivity
- Evanston Gardens Primary School will receive a new general learning area block, as well as refurbishments and extensions to the existing administration building and library resource centre
- Fremont Elizabeth High School will receive an upgraded centre for advanced technologies, maths and science, a performing arts and multimedia centre, refurbished general learning areas and a flexible learning area for non-traditional students
- Salisbury East High School has received new facilities for music, art and dance and old dilapidated surplus transportable building accommodation has been removed.
Estimated project value
Department for Education and Child Development
Ms Libby Sowry
Capital Projects Manager
Phone (08) 8226 6938