Greater Edinburgh Parks Masterplan
Construction and urban renewal
- Attract investment and create jobs in the area through alignment between local and state government and business
- Attract private sector investment
- Create jobs through construction activity at Edinburgh Parks
- Attract new businesses, employers and residents to the region.
The Greater Edinburgh Parks Master plan will define more options for industry and business for the development of the 4,150 hectares of land bounded by Port Wakefield Road, the Northern Expressway, Womma Road, the Adelaide-Gawler railway line, the Adelaide-Darwin railway line, Helps Road and Waterloo Corner Road.
A collective approach by Northern Economic Plan partners offers greater certainty to investors through more detailed land use and shared infrastructure planning opportunities including:
- road networks
- mixed-use areas
- diverse allotment sizes
- connectivity with surrounding centres.
Renewal SA, the Department of Planning, Transport and Infrastructure and Department of State Development are collaborating with the Department of Defence, private sector employers, local government and the community to review existing land use expectations for the area. It is anticipated that the review will consider a mixed approach enabling both industrial and residential land to co-locate in some sections of the Edinburgh Parks area.
Decisions regarding definitive directions for the precinct expected during 2016.
Mr Richard Stranger
Director Planning and Design
Phone 8207 1442