Advanced Modular Construction Industry Alliance
Mining equipment and technology services
- Establish an Advanced Modular Construction Industry Alliance framework which permits South Australian-based companies to contribute innovative design for modular solutions
- Work with industry to develop project concept designs
- Seed a local modular solution industry that positions our state as a global centre of excellence in advanced modular design.
A recent study concluded that there is significant scope for improving how modular solutions are provided to industry and that South Australia is well positioned to take advantage of this opportunity by leveraging many of the disciplines established by the automotive sector and local supply chains.
The industry would be based on the delivery of pre-commissioned industrial modules which can be assembled on site with minimal labour and testing. The modules will integrate innovative technologies into a complete logistical solution for the customer, including asset management through remote monitoring technologies.
This project establishes the formation of the Advanced Modular Construction Industry Alliance to design, manufacture, install, monitor and maintain modules used in industries such as minerals and petroleum, power utilities or defence.
It is expected a steady stream of projects from multiple sectors will be required to grow the modular solutions industry. The project will therefore consist of two stages:
- Stage 1 will test the viability of South Australian-based modular solutions design on a series of pilot projects that are expected to begin construction within the next two years
- Stage 2 will establish an alliance framework, commercialisation plan and relevant governance for the Advanced Modular Construction Industry Alliance.
Estimated project value
Department of State Development
Mr Paul Goiak
Director Industry Development
Phone 0409 612 420