Safety improvements to Salisbury public transport interchange
New street lighting will be installed and a new car park will be constructed in a $700,000 upgrade of the Salisbury Interchange
The project involves:
- Upgrading the footpath between York Terrace and Park Terrace, next to the Park ‘n’ Ride, for shared use by pedestrians and cyclists
- Installation of 6 accessible car parks in the Park ’n’ Ride
- Upgrading the footpath on Paternoster Row for shared use by pedestrians and cyclists
- Upgrading the existing crossing on Park Terrace
- Construction of a new car park north of Union Street comprising of 52 car parks
- Installation of new street lighting
The project is in addition to the gated station development already underway as part of the State Government’s $2.1m election commitment to tackle fare evasion by installing ticket gates and increasing security measures at Salisbury and Noarlunga.
CCTV and new platform fencing are also included in the gated station development, which began last month.
The new works on the $700,000 safety upgrade will begin today and are due to be finished by the end of August, weather permitting.
The State Government has also begun the tender process for $152.5m first stage of electrifying the Gawler train line to Salisbury.