Future Jobs Fund provides opportunities for northern Adelaide
The $200 million Future Jobs Fund, established in the 2017/18 State Budget, will offer grants and loans to help business expand and create jobs in growing sectors.
Applications are now sought from businesses and other non-government organisations to help create ongoing jobs in the following sectors:
- Shipbuilding and defence
- Renewable energy and mining
- Tourism, food and wine
- Health and biomedical research
- IT and advanced manufacturing
There will be one round of funding with the following two stages:
- Grants of up to $50,000 are available to assist applicants develop a business case in support of applications to the Future Jobs Fund for grants and/or loans. Applicants must contribute matching funds of at least the amount of the business case support grant sought. Applications close on Friday 14 July.
- Grants from $100,000 to $5 million dollars, and low interest loans from $100,000 to $10 million are available to create ongoing jobs. Applications close Friday 29 September.
Businesses and other non-government organisations based in the Playford, Salisbury and Port Adelaide Enfield council areas can take advantage of the specialised support services and advice provided by either the Department of State Development or local government and business centres.
They can help with developing applications and understanding which programs could best assist you to expand your business, develop new industrial capabilities and create jobs:
Department of State Development
City of Playford
Business Support Coordinator
City of Salisbury
Coordinator Economic Growth, Economic Development & Urban Policy
City of Port Adelaide Enfield
Economic Development Officer
For further details of the Fund, including eligibility, essential criteria and the application process, visit www.treasury.sa.gov.au